Learn the art of diagnostic radiology, from symptom to diagnosis
This book demonstrates how even difficult cases can be diagnosed by taking a systematic approach to image interpretation. Drawing upon decades of experience, Dr. Freyschmidt guides readers from case to case while solving the core problems that arise in making a diagnosis. He shows how initially challenging cases can be turned into cases that only seemed difficult at the outset.
- Systematic case presentations: prior history and clinical questions, radiologic findings, pathoanatomic classification, synopsis and discussion, final diagnosis, and comments
- Arranged by anatomic region: skull, spine, pelvis, shoulder girdle and thoracic cage, upper and lower limbs
- More than 1,400 high-quality images from the author’s case files
- Over 150 difficult and challenging cases from skeletal radiology
- Answers questions such as: What are the requirements of a good diagnosis? How is a good diagnosis defined? Which imaging procedure will yield the desired information most quickly and accurately?
- Describes imaging modalities and gives recommendations on selecting a particular modality
Your instructor in book form: a systematic, case-by-case approach to making a diagnosis!